Comtrend, a leader in advanced networking solutions, announced today its new WAP-EN series of 11AC business-grade Access Points with TR-069 support. This new series boasts comprehensive networking features for small to mid-size business applications (SMBs), while also being an affordable way to improve Internet connectivity in large homes. With TR-069 support, the WAP-EN series is ideal for Services Providers who will be able to reduce truck rolls with remote management to easily fix wireless issues.
Vice President of Technology at Comtrend North America, Kuma Lin, comments, “We wanted to create a series of SMB products specifically for Service Providers who already utilize TR-069, and want to offer business-grade products that can seamlessly integrate into their existing TR-069 ACS system. With this unique feature, Service Providers gain better remote management of the products they deploy and can remotely address the most common support calls thus saving money on truck rolls.”
Comtrend’s new series features high powered (400mW to 560mW), high sensitivity (-93dBm to -95dBm) 11AC wireless connectivity. The combination of high power and high receiver sensitivity result in flawless wireless coverage whether for business locations or homes. With high-performance 3x3 MIMO AC1750 (1,300Mbps on the 5GHz band, and 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band), the WAP-EN series is the ideal solution for the demanding day-to-day operations of schools, hotels, and hospitals. The WAP-EN series also includes a gigabit 802.3af Power over Ethernet PSE port for simplified installation. The series comes in both ceiling and wall mount options with mounts included for easy installations.
SMB applications such as education, hospitality, and medical locations can utilize the most advanced networking features such as:
- Guest Network: Easily setup Guest Networks to isolate the local network from the wireless clients via an IP filter.
- Cluster Configuration: Using cluster configuration customers can dedicate one access point as the controller and manage up to five other access points.
- Smart Handover: With smart handover technology, SMB locations can also manage the handoff of client devices from one access point to another with negligible interruption.
Richard Castreje, the Product Manager at Comtrend North America, states, “The new WAP-EN series of Business Class Access Points were designed to be extremely flexible in their deployment applications. They implement the latest in networking features to be among the most competitive for SMB environments, as well as offer next generation 11AC wireless connectivity to improve wireless connectivity in large homes that experience a lack in coverage.”
- Up to AC1750 (1,300Mbps on the 5GHz band, and 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band)
- Up to 560mW High Power Wireless Connectivity
- Up to -95dBm Receiver Sensitivity
- Guest Network
- Cluster Configuration
- Smart Handover
- Internal Radius Server
- Bandwidth Throttling per SSID
- System Log Email Option
The WAP-EN1200C and WAP-EN1750W are currently available for samples. Please contact your local sales representative for more information.
- WAP-EN1200C: AC1200 Ceiling Mount Access Point
- WAP-EN1750W: AC1750 Wall Mount Access Point
Coming soon in 2016 will be the WAP-EN300C, WAP-EN900R, WAP-EN1750C, and WAP-EN1750R:
- WAP-EN300C: 300N Ceiling Mount Access Point
- WAP-EN900R: AC900 Outdoor Access Point
- WAP-EN1750C: AC1750 Ceiling Mount Access Point
- WAP-EN1750R: AC1750 Outdoor Access Point
Comtrend, with more than 25 years of experience, has become one of the leading global providers of advanced networking solutions. Comtrend designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of networking and surveillance equipment and software. Service providers, businesses, and consumers look to Comtrend for broadband gateways, as well as the latest WiFi, surveillance, Powerline, and coax technologies. Comtrend also remains committed to industry standards, like G.hn for home networking, as well as interoperability and market-leading performance. People in businesses and homes around the world trust Comtrend to make their technology easier and more dependable. For more information, including Comtrend’s full lineup of home networking solutions, please visit http://www.comtrend.com.